Curriculum Developer, Commercial Transport Driver
Do you have training and practical experience as a Commercial Truck Driver? Do you have a Class 1 (ON Class A) with airbrake endorsement? Do you have an academic background in program or curriculum development? Do you have teaching experience in this area, perhaps in a driver education/examination program?
If you have this unique blend of talents, we have a position that will interest you. NAVTC is looking for a contract program/curriculum developer to create a part-time vocational training program for Commercial Transport Drivers. Future instructional opportunities may also be a possibility.
This is an academic position. The Senior Educational Administrator will provide you with the guidelines, framework and timelines and provide support to develop a full curriculum for the Commercial Transport Driver program. In line with industry standards, you’ll create skills lists, cross references, weekly program outlines and other documentation for our instructors.
- You’ll need to deliver both hard and electronic copies of the curriculum and teaching materials as needed.
- You’ll participate in initial research and assessment and text and materials selection.
- You’ll work with our SEA to ensure materials are appropriate and effective.
- You’ll create intake, mid-term and final examinations or suggest guidelines as needed.
- You’ll set the requirements and goals for trainees, instructors and the overall program.
- You’ll have to establish the weekly teaching schedules for instructors.
- And of course, other related duties may be assigned during the development process as need arises.
- Class 1 license with airbrake endorsement (ON Class A)
- Experience in program or curriculum development or possess the academic skills necessary
- Five years of work experience as a commercial transport driver (long and short haul, cross border an asset)
- Previous teaching, training, supervisory or consulting experience is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Clarity and organization in thought and writing
- The ability to work quickly, attentively and collaboratively
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.